Saturday, June 27, 2015



You were perfect to me, and I was perfect to you
But maybe only fools could look at someone that way
and we could both think happily ever after
but we both know that's not true
but we'll still smile
...with both our eyes closed
...because that's how wishes are made

And I'll be happy for the way you made me feel
and the infinite possibilities I felt existed between us
because I strategically placed them there
because we attracted each other again and again
And maybe that's how it will always be
but we both know that's not true
...change is constant
...and time is guaranteed to run out

And maybe it's because I wanted you so bad,
I willed you into existence at the very moment
when I needed you to be there
I needed to feel magic
I needed to believe in love

And god, I'm going to miss you.
Because I created you, I made you up
you are the beautiful creation I made
and maybe that's why it hurts so bad
because we are so narcissistic
but either way it works
now I have to give you up
I want something real
and sadly, you never were



No comments: